A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Squat / Deadlift Mechanics

I've been thinking about my sumo deadlifts and how well gear works for me. My raw PB deadlift is 250kg and I'm not sure if gear would help. When I lift sumo, however, the deadlift suit really seems to help. I'm sure 405lbs raw sumo deadlift would give me trouble while I've sumo'd 267.5kg in competition. Today I wanted to try some super wide raw squats to see if it could help. The following sumo squats were done at the same foot width as my sumo deadlift.

Warm Up - 10 minutes Ellipse.
*alternate the following lifts*
Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps.
Sumo Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps.

A short but valuable work out. I would have liked to do a few more sets but I tore the arse out of my pants. It feels nice and airy but the other patrons of the gym wouldn't like it much. I went home. I love the way these squats felt and I'm sure they will help my sumo deadlifts.

Snowdaddy

No comments: