A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 13 of 24

The first day of the pre-contest phase of my training was good, heavy but good. I spent the week end eating lots of hamburgers and hot dogs. I could really feel all the shit I ate while training today. Hopefully the junk food has worked it's way through my system and I can get back to normal. Or as normal as I usually am. Oh ya, I'm sure the beer and wine consumption this week end didn't help either. Here's how today went.

Warm Up
Squats - 3 sets, 3 reps, 325lbs.
Bench Press - 5 sets, 4 reps, 245lbs.
Deadlifts - 5 sets, 1 rep, 465lbs.
Pull Ups - 3 sets, 6 reps, 100lbs assistance.
Sit Ups - 3 sets, 20 reps, all me.
Below Knee Rack Pulls - 3 sets, 1 rep, 585lbs.

Lots less volume than the four weeks before but massively more intense. Tomorrow is off and I'm back at it with Heavy Bench and assistance exercises on Wednesday. See you then.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Ryan Stinn said...

Looks like some sweet Korte 3x3 going on here. I think I put about 40lbs on my squat doing that one back in the day.
Keep it up big guy, when do you head east?