A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My Elbow Part 2

Well I've done it now. On Sunday I slipped on my front step and fell on my pride. I wasn't really hurt too badly so I didn't think too much of it. On Monday when I did the heavy rack pulls I guess I completed what was the start of an injury. I went to the Doctor today and they took Xrays of my elbow. Turns out I have some swelling on my elbow and a small fracture at the head of my radius at the elbow. The Doc says to stay off my elbow for at least a week and I have a sling I am to rest my arm in through out the day. The good news is that it isn't dislocated and there doesn't seem to be any connective tissue damage. So, if I rest for a couple of weeks it shouldn't effect my lifting in the future. I may however need to go to physio to improve my reduced mobility when straightening my arm. Yah!!!

Snowdaddy

No comments: