A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Day 5 of 24

Well I did it. I test drove my Metal Deadlifter today sumo style. Here's what happened.

Squats - 6 sets, 4 reps, 275lbs (every second set with knee wraps).
Bench Press - 7 sets, 7/6/5/4/3/2/1 reps, 215lbs +10lbs/set.
Sumo Deadlifts - 5 sets, singles, 365/405/455/495/555lbs!!!

I was totally impressed. After I lifted 495lbs, which was the easiest 495lbs I've ever lifted, I decided to go for a new PB. Probably not the smartest idea this close to competition. But, now I know. I'll be lifting sumo in November and I'll make a run at 600lbs (275kg). I also wanted to try my knee wraps a bit more. They seemed to be way more comfortable today then they have in the past. I just wrapped them medium tight from below the knee to above. I think I may use them for sumo deadlifts as well as squats.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Ryan Stinn said...

I wouldn't worry about the knee wraps for deadlifts, most time they cause more trouble than they are worth. If your legs straighten too fast you end up having to stiff leg the weight. Plus who wants to use the energy during deadlifts to wrap knees.
Just my opinion.