A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tuesday Bench Press

Yesterday I worked the bench. I was supposed to do bench press on Wednesday but a buddy of mine wants to do some bench shirt work on Thursday. So now the week will end with shirt work then deadlifts on Friday. Here's what happened yesterday.

Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 135lbs/12 reps, 185lbs/8 reps, 3 sets/225lbs/6 reps, 2 sets/245lbs/6 reps.
Dips - 4 sets/BW/4 reps.
Supported Rows - 90lbs/12 reps, 135lbs/10 reps, 180lbs/6 reps, 180lbs/6 reps, 135lbs/12 reps.
Swiss Ball Crunches - 4 sets/12 reps.

I was dissapointed in how the dips went. I would have liked to do 6 reps for all the sets. I guess that is to be expected after all the bench sets. I have another concern. I felt a substantial amount of pain through my lower back and hips during swiss ball crunches. It was only during the first couple reps but it still concerned me. My lower back has been causing me a bit of pain over the last few days. I'm certain that it's due to my weak core strength after my surgery. I've added ab work that I plan on sticking to. Lets see what happens.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Ryan Stinn said...

Your psoas(or hip flexors) connect your femur to your spine, they do a lot of the work with sit up type movements and if they get tight they will cause low back pain.