A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Three Days In One

5th June 2007

I got my Metal Deadlifter and took it to the gym for a test drive. Putting on the bottoms was no problem but the shoulder straps were very tight. Here's what I managed to do in my new suit.

Squats - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 275lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/single.

Put on Metal Deadlifter

Squats - 315lbs I could only get to half way down. Tried three singles.

Deadlifts - I had a hell of a time trying to reach the bar. I managed to grab the bar for one 405lbs single and for one 495lbs single.

I'm sure the more I use the suit the more it will stretch out to exactly what I need.

7th June 2007

Tonight I ran on the treadmill. I've been feeling guilty because I haven't been running even though I've had the time. I ran for 5 minutes at a reasonable pace, walked for 3 minutes, ran for 2 minutes fast at an increased incline, then walked for 5 minutes. I hate running but I always feel great after running.

9th June 2007

This morning I was supposed to coach swimming but no one showed up. I took the time to hit the gym. Here's the results.

Bench Press - Bar/20 reps, 135lbs/20 reps, 185lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/10 reps, 275lbs/6 reps (PB), 295lbs/easy single, 305lbs/solid single.
Smith Machine Inclined Press - 90lbs/12 reps, 140lbs/10 reps, 180lbs/8 reps.
Flat Bench Flys - 60lbs/12 reps.

All the presses were done totally raw. I didn't have my equipment bag with me so I didn't even have my wrist wraps. I'm pleased with benching over 300lbs.

For as busy as I am right now I'm glad that I'm able to get to the gym and still make progress. Tomorrow I'm spotting and plate loading for a local powerlifting competition. It's going to be a long day. I'll post a link for the results later.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Powerlifter1974 said...

That suit ought to break in nicely and show you some good carryover. Look on the bright side of the plate loading, at least you'll get in some GPP...