A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday Squats ect...

Today was my second squat day in the week. Here's how things went.

Front Squats - 6 sets, 3@ 135lbs, 3@ 155lbs, 6 reps.
Sumo Deadlifts over hand grip - 6 sets, 2@ 315lbs, 4@ 365, singles.
Barbell Shrugs - 6 sets, 2@ 405lbs, 2@ 455lbs, 2@ 495lbs.
Good Mornings - 4 sets, 2@ 315lbs, 2@ 335lbs.

I was supposed to do 6 sets of good mornings but after all that, I was spent. I'm having problems with the front squats. I've followed the technique used by Olympic lifters but I find this stresses my wrists. I am currently gripping the bar like a curl with my hands together at my upper chest infront of my neck. Does that make any sense? Today I used a different bar for my deadlifts. This bar has a slight bent in it and it's hard to hold. The 4 sets I did at 365lbs were done with an opposing grip. I couldn't hold the bar with anything more than 315lbs.
I've been walking to work lately and I'm finding this is helping with the weight loss. With more experience I'm coming up with a work out plan that can span the year. I'll post it later when I have some time to write it up.

Snowdaddy

No comments: