A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, March 05, 2007

Monday Deadlifts

Oh Boy! My lifts are coming back. On Sunday I was talking to my wife about how I wanted to lift bigger than I ever have before. I'm really wanting to bend some bars. I know this is the goal of all powerlifters but after my surgery I'm feeling that I'm almost back to my previous strength levels. I want to meet those levels again and cruise right on past them. Here's how today went.

Deadlifts - 6 sets/5 reps/355lbs.
Super Set
Lat Pull Downs - 175lbs/6 reps, 210lbs/6 reps, 210lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.
Barbell Shrugs - 315lbs/8 reps, 365lbs/8 reps, 405lbs/6 reps, 455lbs/5+3 reps.
Sit Ups - 12, 12, 12, 8 reps.

The shrugs felt amazing. I felt like I could have put another 100lbs on the bar. May be I should have? All the deadlifts sets felt light and somewhat easy. I'm driving more with my legs and I'm sure thats the reason. It's funny how light the lat pull downs feel after doing heavy shrugs. I'm almost at the bottom of the stack so it's time to get off my ass and start doing some chins.

Snowdaddy

No comments: