A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Max Effort Squat / Deadlift

What an elementary mistake. Yesterday I tried to do max effort squat / deadlift. This was my third day in a row working out not to mention my second consecutive max effort day. The first exercise of the work out went fine but I soon ran out of energy during my second exercise. Here is what happened.

Rack Squats (top partial) - 4 reps 585lbs, 2 reps 675lbs, 725lbs for a single.
Sumo Deadlifts - 5 sets 6 reps 225lbs.

I managed to do the first set of sumo deadlifts then I just fell apart. My last 2 sets were done as 4 sets of three. One redeeming point was that I never slacked on technique. I made sure to squat down deep when pulling the bar. Today I can feel that I did indeed hit my hams and glutes. Getting up this morning wasn't easy. I was supposed to do some ab and obliques movements but I was so wrecked I decided to fight another day. The better part of valor...

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice rack work Snowdaddy! You must feel pooped right now. I understand you are coming by on Friday. What is the plan?