A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, May 01, 2006

Max Effort Bench

Man have I ever missed going to the gym. I have missed the night after and the next day sore muscles. I have missed the sound of iron clanging and the feel of the chalk on my hands. Every one who lifts big iron knows what I'm talking about. I don't take drugs, I don't have to. I picked up a saying from a techno group, "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts." Eventhough I come away from the gym sore and hurting I always feel better after a good work out.

Today I did Max Effort Bench. Here is how it went.

Rack Bench - 3 reps 275lbs, 1 rep 295lbs, 1 rep 295lbs, 1 rep 275lbs.
Flat Dumbbell Press - 3 sets 6 reps 100lbs
Close Grip Bench - 3 sets 6 reps 205lbs
Seated Dumbbell Press - 2 sets 5 reps 80lbs

I short changed myself due to lack of time. I was supposed to do barbell rows after close grip bench and I should have added an extra set to every exercise. Eventhough I cheated myself it still turned out to be a great work out.

Snowdaddy

No comments: