A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Speed Squat / Deadlift Day

Yesterday I did my first modified speed squat / deadlift work out. I am finding that these work outs are indeed better. By doing more heavy compound movements I am sure to make quicker gains. Here is how it went.

Bike - 10min

Speed Squats - 10 sets 2 reps 225lbs 60 sec time intervals
Speed Deadlifts - 6 sets 1 rep 365lbs 60 sec time intervals
Good Mornings - 5 sets 6 reps 225lbs
Leg Raises - 4 sets 20 reps
Dumbbell Side Bends - 3 sets 10 reps 45-65lbs

I had to work that night and my obliques were tight and sore. Even today my whole core feels well worked. Obviously I'm working a weak point. I don't have much to say today so I'll end it here.

Snowdaddy

PS: Here is the link to those articles on Speed Work and Max Effort Work by Westside Barbell.

Enjoy.

http://www.westside-barbell.com/articles.htm

No comments: