A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, January 02, 2006

Dead Workout

Total was Dead day. Deadlifting is by far my favorite. My best pull to date is 240 Kg or 529lbs. Today Went like this.
Warm up - 225lbs, 6 reps Sumo deadlifts. I do sumo's for warm up because they help me get into the right position for conventional deadlifts. They also help stretch out my legs.

Working sets - 365lbs, 3 sets, 2 reps Conventional deadlifts. I was supposed to do six sets at this weight but I was feeling strong today so I did my last 3 sets at 405lbs. This was new for me. I've never done 405lbs for sets before. Ya for me!

Knee up partials - I do heavy partial pulls from my knees to lock out. I find these help me get used to pulling bigger weights. I have had a grip problem in the past as well the partials also help with my grip. 3 sets, 545lbs 1 rep, 585lbs 1 rep, 635lbs 1 rep. 635lbs is a new max lift for me.

Chin ups - As I've said before I weigh about 295lbs so I do my chins with some assistance. With 90lbs of assistance I did 3 sets of 6 reps. I do my chins with a narrow parallel grip. My lats love it.

V-sit ups - For my abs I do 3 sets of 20 reps. I used to do standard sit ups but I found the V-sit ups work my abs just as well with out the same amount of effort.

Hammer Curls - Here my instinctive training philosophy took over and I added some hammer curls. Because I'm a powerlifter not a bodybuilder I do the curls for weight not feel. If I can get the dumbbell up to my shoulder its good enough for me. 3 sets, 50lbs 12 reps, 60lbs 12 reps, 70lbs 12 reps.
during my last set I was really getting psyced up and yelled out. YA! DO IT! I scared a woman working out beside me and she almost fell off her bench. When the big boys play....

Another great work out.

Snowdaddy

PS: during my training I listen to high energy music. Right now I'm listening to Billy Tallent, Danko Jones, and System of a Down.

Snowdaddy

No comments: