A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, February 05, 2024

Manitoba Provincial Powerlifting Championships

Leading up to the Provincials, I was feeling a little broken. I put the work in and decided to take a break and trust the process. That's exactly how everything played out. Everything went according to pan. Any aches or pains were not present at meet day.

Warm ups in all three lifts felt like nothing. It was the most condensed warm up I've ever had at a competition. Here's how the lifts went.

Squats - 195/202.5/207.5kg
Bench Press - 150/155/160kg.
Deadlifts - 205/242.5kg miss/242.5kg.

Total - 610kg




I went 8 for 9 only missing my second Deadlift. I lost balance during lockout and went for a little walk. My third Deadlift was solid and I showed the weight who's boss by holding it for a few seconds after getting the down command.
This performance has given me the highest M2 weights lifted in all weight classes. I am the M2 120kg+ Provincial record holder in all three lifts and total. Like I said, everything went according to plan. I'm proud of myself and performance after a six year competitive hiatus. I still got it.

Snowdaddy 

No comments: