A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Bench Press and Squats

Yesterday I stayed after work and did some Bench Press. Not my best pressing but I still got a good workout.

Light Stretches and Mobility.

Bench Press - 2 sets/12 reps/70kg, 120kg/8 reps, 150kg/3 reps, 3 sets/1 rep/160kg, 3 sets/1 rep/165kg.

I was trying to focus on pausing more and keeping tight all the way down to my chest. That said, everything went well.

I also did,

Alternating WG/NG Band Assisted Pull Ups - 10 sets/6 reps.

Today I was back to the strength club where I enjoyed some Squats.

Light Stretches.

Squats - 2 sets/12 reps/bar, 70kg/6 reps, 120kg/3 reps, 6 sets/1 rep/170kg.

Speed Squats - 6 sets/4 reps/70kg.

Still playing with my form. Tonight I found a regular grip and a medium stance worked best. Stop over thinking the lift and go back to basics. I like the speed squats. They help me focus on balance and drive out of the hole.

Snowdaddy

No comments: