A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, September 11, 2017

Gearing Down

I haven't posted in over a week. Lately I have't been feeling like myself. I haven't made too many comments about it in my blog but It's been several months that I have been feeling lethargic and generally knackered most of the time. Last week end was the 2017 Western Canadians. Manitoba played host to 207 athletes. This is the biggest Westerns in CPU history and ended up being a full three day event. A large amount of work from many people went into making this a hugely successful event.
During the Westerns I wrote my National Referees exam. I was ready and well studied. Passing grade is 90%. I managed 89.6%. At this point I started to think about what I really wanted from powerlifting and what I am actually getting out of it.
Don't get me wrong, I love powerlifting. Lately I've been finding powerlifting to be work and not fun. It is easy to dedicate time and money to something that pleases you. It is nonsense to volunteer time and spend money to work. That's my dilemma.

I'm not sure if my feelings are hormonal or if I am actually over worked. Either way I have told the president on Manitoba Powerlifting that I will be stepping down as VP and will not be taking on any further responsibilities. To sum up, I am stepping back from competitive powerlifting. I am not quitting lifting but I do need a break from powerlifting.

In October I have a doctor appointment and I should have some sort of plan shortly after that.

Snowdaddy

No comments: