A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Bench Press (Bench Shirt)

As I plan on competing in the equipped Bench Press as well as the 3 lift classic at the 2016 Nationals I thought it might be a good idea to get some Bench Shirt work in before the competition. Tonight went better than planned.

Warm Up
Very Light Stretching.
Bench Press - 2 sets/8, 6 reps/75kg, 125kg/4 reps, 167.5kg/1 rep.

Shirt Work Power Phase
3 Board Press - 205kg/2 reps, 225kg/2 reps, 235kg/2 reps, 245kg/1 rep.

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 4 sets/4 reps/145kg.

I brought my family to the Strength Club tonight as one of our members suggested "Festivus". A few of us brought some food and we snacked while we lifted. My lovely wife got me into my bench shirt and did hand offs. I am a lucky man indeed. A great time was had by everyone. I am truly a lucky man to have such amazing people in my life.

Snowdaddy

No comments: