A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, May 04, 2015

Squats

Decided to try my Super Centurion Squat suit today. I wanted to determine if I will be lifting equipped or classic at the up coming meet.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - 20kg/6 reps, 20kg/6 reps, 65kg/6 reps, 65kg/4 dynamic reps, 105kg/4 reps, 105kg/3 dynamic reps.
At this point I am noticing I am focused more on the speed than form and technique. Time to slow down a bit and concentrate.
Squats - 145kg/1 rep, 185kg/1 rep (belt).

Power Phase
Squats - (suit bottoms and belt) 185kg/2 reps, 215kg/2 reps, (straps up and knee sleeves) 250kg/1 rep, 250kg/1 rep.

I video recorded all my lifts and found that I wasn't breaking parallel, even at 250kg. It's close but still not there. Instead of experimenting with the gear leading up to the meet I will lift classic. I will however bench press equipped if the Katana works well. Time will tell.

Pump Phase
Squats (nothing) - 7 sets/3 reps/105kg.

I didn't go crazy on the Pump Phase because my form felt really weird after squatting equipped. Some of the Pump Phase sets were for four reps. A good work out but now it's time to focus on the classic squats.

Snowdaddy

No comments: