A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, March 08, 2015

Deadlift Drills

Yesterday I was surfing through training videos. I stumbled across a video by Bryce Lewis. He explained lots of good points but one in particular stood out to me. Before beginning a Deadlift work out take several warm up sets and just pull the bar an inch or so off the ground. Do this for several reps. I found that it helped me to focus on having a tight back and tuck my hips at the beginning of the pull. I up loaded a video to help explain what I'm talking about.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - 65kg/8 reps, 65kg/6 reps, 105kg/6 reps.

Deadlift Drills
Deadlift Drill - 105kg/6 reps, 105kg/6 reps, 155kg/4 reps, 155kg/4 reps, 205kg/3 reps, 205kg/3 reps, 230kg/1 rep (full deadlift).

155kg Demo Video

Right now my hamstrings and hips are feeling a good pump. I am very surprised how much of a work out this was. I think I will dial back the weight and sets and only do a couple of sets as a warm up after squats.

Snowdaddy

No comments: