A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Deadlifts

Since the gear has been working so good for Squats why not try it for Deadlifts. I have an old, unused Titan Deadlift suit. I believe it is NXG material but certainly not NXG+ or Super. What a trip!!!

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Paused Squats - 60kg/8 reps
Sumo Deadlifts - 160kg/1 rep.

Power Phase
at this time I put on my suit and the fun begins
Sumo Deadlifts (Titan Deadlift Suit NXG) - 160kg/1 rep, 200kg/1 rep, 240kg/1 rep, 255kg/1 rep.

Pump Phase
Conventional Deadlifts (no suit) - 4 sets/4 reps/160kg.

I believe that with a more agressive suit I would have pulled over 600lbs today. There are several things I need to work on as far as technique goes.
  • Reach down for the bar and don't bend over.
  • Engage the lats more.
  • Push knees out and sit back into the pull.
  • Keep head and shoulders upright and behind the bar.
I will play more as time goes on and perfect the Sumo Deadlift.

Snowdaddy

No comments: