A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Squats

Last week I was sledding with my kids. On the first run of the day I hit a jump and bruised my ass bone. I wanted to just try it out for Squats last night at work. It wasn't aggravated so let the games begin!!!

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - bar/12 reps, 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/4 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (with belt no knee sleeves) - 5 sets/1 rep/425lbs, 1 set/1 rep/445lbs (VIDEO)

Pump Phase
Squats (with belt no knee sleeves) - 6 sets/4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 reps/315lbs.

As I didn't have access to machines for leg extensions or leg curls I didn't do them. Last nights Squats were excellent. I made a mistake loading the bar for the Power Phase. Instead of 415lbs I easily handled 425lbs. Bench training next.

Snowdaddy

No comments: