A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Deadlifts and Shouder Press

Pitifull day two of training. I'm not surprised though. My lower back is trashed and Deadlifts did nothing but aggravate it. I did manage to get a bit of work done before I cried mercy.

Warm Up
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps.
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps.
Deadlifts - 315lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts - 5 sets/2 reps/415lbs.
Seated Shoulder Press - 5 sets/2 reps/225lbs.
*rest was all over the place*

Pump Phase
Seated Shoulder Press - 3 sets/6 reps/185lbs.
*rest was all over the place*

With the "B" program there was ample rest after squats till deadlifts. I'm not sure if my fragile lower back will stand up to this program. I may have to switch back to avoid injury. I will think about it.

Snowdaddy

No comments: