A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, June 07, 2013

Deadlifts and Seated Shoulder Press

Still working out the problems with my schedule and the new program. I find that trying to find the time to work out four days a week is too difficult. Eventhough I'm off work this week I still feel very rushed getting this routine done. So, I have decided to make this program a nine day split vice a 7 day split.

Day 1 Squats and Bench
Day 2 off
Day 3 Deadlifts and Shoulder Press
Day 4 off
Day 5 Squats and Bench
Day 6 off
Day 7 Deadlifts and Shoulder Press
Day 8 off
Day 9 off
repeat...

Here's how todays work out went.

Warm Up
Squats - 3 sets/6 reps/135lbs.
Stretching.
Rack Pulls (from knees) - 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps, 405lbs/4 reps.

Power Phase
Rack Pulls (from knees with belt) - 7 sets/2 reps/495lbs, 1 set/3 reps/495lbs, 585lbs/1 rep, 675lbs/1 rep.
Seated Shoulder Press Behind Neck (smith machine) - two warm up sets, 7 sets/2 reps/90lbs, 1 set/3 reps/90lbs.
*2 minutes rest between each set*

Pump Phase
Deadlifts (from floor, no belt) - 2 sets/6 reps/315lbs, 1 set/7 reps/315lbs.
Seated Shoulder Press Behind Neck (smith machine) - 2 sets/6 reps/90lbs, 1 set/7 reps/90lbs.
*2 minutes rest between each set*

Much better and quicker than other work outs. I really enjoyed the Rack Pulls. There wasn't so much stress on the lower back but I could really feel it through the posterior chain and hamstrings. I took the Shoulder Presses a bit light to get a feel. Still got a great pump. Next week Sunday or Monday will be Squats and Bench Press. Fun.

Snowdaddy

No comments: