A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, March 04, 2013

Squats

Really good Squat work out today. Still feeling weak in the hips but this will come back with time. I just need to keep up the good work.

Warm Up
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Squats - 4 sets/1 rep/405lbs (1st belt no knee sleeves, last three belt and knee sleeves)
*4 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Squats (with grey bands) - 2 sets/4 reps/405lbs (300lbs to 365lbs), 4 sets/3 reps/405lbs (300 to 365lbs).
*3 minutes rest after each set*

The last two sets of the pump phase I hung up my belt and went completely raw. Next week I'll do all my Pump Phase Squats with out a belt. My new EliteFTS Belt was pinching my lower stomach flab. Gives good inspiration to stand up with the weight quickly (OUCH!!!) Today's work out was a bit better than last week.

Snowdaddy

No comments: