A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Deadlifts

Last week Deadlifts were far from great. This week brings me another step closer to where I left off. Today's Deadlifts felt very good. The body is willing but it felt like I need to condition myself to mentally handle the bigger weights. It'll come. It's also great that I'm doing this at a much lower body weight, under 300lbs.

Warm Up
Stretching (focusing on hip mobility).
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.
Deadlifts - 365lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts - 3 sets/1 rep/525lbs.
*5 minutes rest between sets*

Pump Phase
Deadlifts (with grey bands) - 6 sets/3 reps/525lbs (380 to 430lbs).
*3 minutes rest after each set*

I'm surprised I am able to Deadlift today after the walk on Tuesday. I wanted to really stretch my hips during warm up today because I noticed my hips rising while Deadlifting last week. Today I felt like I sat back into the lift more. Felt good. The numbers today seem like a good place to start the Hepburn B program once again.

Snowdaddy

No comments: