A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Deadlifts (from HELL!!!)

Today's Deadlifts almost ripped me in half. I'm on a diet and I wasn't too smart about my pre workout nutrition. Having a solid breakfast at 1100hrs then going to lift at 1430hrs wasn't the best desision. I did manage a great work out eventhough my energy levels were laking towards the end.

Warm Up

Squats - 2 sets/8 reps/135lbs.
Stretching.
Deadlifts - 365lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase

Deadlifts - 3 sets/1 rep/555lbs, 2 sets/1 rep/555lbs missed both, 555lbs/1 rep NAILED IT!!!
*5 minutes rest after each set*
*Long rest before last set*

Pump Phase

Deadlifts with Medium Bands - 6 sets/4, 3, 4, 3, 4, 4 reps/410lbs to 460lbs.
*3 to 4 minutes rest between sets*

I weighed out the band resistnce accurately today after the pump sets so the numbers are good. This was a tough work out today. Once again I didn't feel like destroying myself with deadlifts but I'm glad I did. Next week should be better.
I'm finally on a diet and I'm really watching what I'm eatting. The diet started on the 26th September when I weighed in at a bulky 339lbs. Today I weighed 328lbs. So far so good. Tomorrow is Thanks Giving and my cheat day. YUMMY!!!

Snowdaddy

No comments: