A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Deadlifts

Motivation tonight was off the charts. I'm feeling big and full and strong. I feel like a FREAK!!! But this week has been busy and sleep has been erratic so my energy levels were rock bottom. Time to dig deep for some Deadlifts.
I decided to mimic the Titan Ram Bench Press work out from Monday and add some reverse bands to my deadlifts. Not bad. I'll try it a few times before dismissing it.

Warm Up
Light Stretching.
Paused Squats - 2 sets/6 reps/135lbs.
Deadlifts (raw no belt) - 315lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts (raw no belt) - 5 sets/1 rep/475lbs.
*3 minutes rest between sets*

Pump Phase
Deadlifts (rev light bands) - 6 sets/3 reps/475lbs on bar (400lbs - 435lbs).
*ample rest between sets, I'm recked!*

The 475lbs Power Phase Deadlifts flew off the floor tonight. They did unfortunately get heavier but I still had lots of speed on the fifth single. I'll try the intermediate bands next time to see what the weight spread is like. I would prefer 405lbs - 475lbs.

Snowdaddy

No comments: