A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Squats

Yesterday I was feeling fatuged and couldn't (didn't want to) finish my work out. Today was a different story. Squats felt great and strong.

Warm Up
Stretching.
Foam Rolling.
Squats - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (no belt) - 3 sets/1 rep/405lbs, 410lbs, 415lbs.
Squats (with belt) - 3 sets/1 rep/420lbs, 425lbs, 440lbs.
*4 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Squats (no belt) - 4 sets/4 reps/315lbs, 2 sets/3 reps/315lbs.
*2 minutes rest after each set*

Even after all this time I'm still learning. Since last week I've been picking a point on the floor about 15 feet in front of me. Instead of looking all over the place doing this helps me focus my concentration and ultimately aids in the lift. Where I really notice it is during the Pump Phase doing reps. I'm finding it much easier to squat the weight while focused on the point.

Snowdaddy

No comments: