A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Squats

Feeling much better than last week but still not at 100%. The strength is there but I'm cautious with the heavy stuff. Slow, steady, and controlled are the orders of the day.

Warm Up
Foam Rolling (focused on legs, and back but mostly left side lower back)
Stretching.
Squats (no belt) - 135lbs/8 reps, 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/4 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (belt and knee sleeves) - 6 sets/1 rep/405lbs, 1 set/1 rep/415lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Squats (just knee sleeves) - 6 sets/6 reps/235lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

I still feel a sticking point with 405lbs at about half way up but I still manage to grind through it. I'm enjoying the lighter pump phase sets with higher reps. After the first two sets I noticed my painful side wasn't so much so I added a bit of dynamics out of the hole. Down to depth, hit the switch! I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Snowdaddy

No comments: