A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Deadlifts

Being proactive and getting in Monday's work out today. Work this week has been busy so with several days annual leave left I decided to use up the remainder and take from Monday to Thursday off. 4 days to myself will be great. I'll enjoy the work outs.

Warm Ups
Light Stretching.
Goblet Squats - 2 sets/8 reps/85lbs.
More Stretching.
Deadlifts - 315lbs/6 reps, 405lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts - 5 sets/1 rep/455lbs.
*enough rest to recover*

Pump Phase
Good Mornings - 3 sets/6 reps/225lbs, 3 sets/6 reps/245lbs.
*enough rest to recover*

Core Work
Stability Ball Sit Ups - 2 sets/20 reps, 2 sets/25 reps.

Using my regular squat stance for good mornings doesn't seem to activate my posterior chain enough. I noted that pointing my toes in slightly helps to fire my hamstrings and glutes. Had a tough time getting the proper set up for deadlifts. It wasn't until my last set and I "charged" the bar that everything went better and the bar moved quicker.

Snowdaddy

No comments: