A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Band Squats Day 1 of 21

21 training days till the Eastern Canadians. Today I did band squats at the same weight I would do speed work. Great work out!

Warm Up
Stationary Bike - 6 minutes.
Stretching.
Goblet Squats - 85lbs/6 reps, 105lbs/6 reps.
Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 235lbs/6 reps.

Working Sets
Light Band (orange) Squats - 10 sets/2 reps/235lbs (with bands 265lbs bottom, 315lbs top).
*3 minutes rest between sets*

Core Work
Ab Sling Knee Ups - 5 sets/12 reps.
*3 minutes rest between sets*

I measured the band tension offered by the bands at the bottom and top of the movement. I was surprised to see each band offer an additional 40lbs when stretched.
For supper I've been slow roasting a beef roast. Now it's time to EAT!!!.

Snowdaddy

No comments: