A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Deadlifts (Doug Hepburn Style)

Next week I won't post "Doug Hepburn Style". Deadlifts today were quite demanding. This program sure shows your weak areas. I'll stick with it and get stronger.

Warm Up
Deadlift - 225lbs/6 reps.
Stretching.
Deadlift - 315lbs/6 reps.

Working Sets
Power Phase
Deadlift - 5 sets/1 rep/405lbs.
(5 minutes rest between each set)

Pump Phase
Deadlift - 6 sets/3 reps/315lbs.
(2 minutes rest between each set)

Core Work
Ab Sling Knee Ups - 4 sets/12 reps.

Yesterday I didn't think the work out was that taxing until a couple of hours after training then it hit me. I'm sure today will be the same with all those deadlifts. Today I finished watching James Bond, The man with the golden gun. Then, started watching Moon Raker. Very cool! Now is time for a shower then off to work.

Snowdaddy

No comments: