A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, May 07, 2010

Deadlifts

Today I was a bit concerned with how my back would hold up. In the past deadlifts haven't bothered my back. Not unless I was being stupid an not concentrating on technique. I had no such troubles today.

Warm Up - 6 minutes stationary bike.
Squats - 135lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.
Bench Press - 3 sets/12 reps/135lbs. (varying grip width).
Sumo Deadlifts - 225lbs/3 reps, 315lbs/2 reps, 405lbs/1 rep.

At this point I watched the video I was making and found the I was pulling entirely with my lower back. Not good. I put on my deadlift suit for the following. Making sure to drop my hips and reach down for the bar, not bend over for the bar. I'll post the video later and you'll see the difference.

Sumo Deadlifts (Titan Superior) - 495lbs/1 rep with long hold at top, 515lbs/1 rep with long hold at top.

Hanging Leg Raises - 3 sets/12 reps

Last week end I bought a set of arm straps for doing leg raises off of a pull up bar. They work great in my rack. The best part is I only payed 2.99$ for them new in the box. Very Cool. My week end is off then Squats on Monday.

Snowdaddy

No comments: