A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Max Effort Bench Press

First time for heavy bench since the Nationals. I feel like I've lost a bit of strength that will need to be found before Provincials.

Warm Up - 6 minutes stationary bike.
ME Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.
ME 3 Board Press - 365lbs/3 reps, 405lbs/miss, 405lbs/1 rep.
*super set the following*
Pull Up Negatives - 4 sets/6 reps.
Push Up with Tubing Resistance - 4 sets/12 reps.
One Arm Dumbbell Hammer Curls - 4 sets/8 reps per side.

365lbs for the first three board press seemed light but 405lbs was indeed heavy. The pull up negatives don't seem to be getting any easier. The tubing for resistance didn't seem to effect me until the last set when I was spent. I like the hammer curls for a change. Cliff, a training partner, says they are the secret to a heavy bench. Tomorrow is speed squats and deadlifts. Neat!

Snowdaddy

No comments: