A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Dynamic Effort Bench Press

Today I had lots of energy and lots of time so I put lots of effort into today's work out.

Warm Up - 6 minutes Stationary Bike.
DE Bench Press - warm ups, 12 sets/3 reps/205lbs.
CG Rack Press - 2 sets/6 reps/225lbs, 2 sets/6 reps/245lbs.
Bent Over Cambered Bar Rows - 4 sets/10 reps/220lbs.
DB Concentration Curls - 4 sets/10 reps/55lbs.
Up Right Plate Rows - 3 sets/12 reps/45lbs.

This time with the close grip rack press I added another bungee cord. I guess the resistance to be an extra 50lbs at the top of the press. I went up in weight on the concentration curls. Right now my biceps are really pumped. I'm going more explosive on the up right plate rows with a much faster movement. Great work out!!!

Snowdaddy

2 comments:

Tyler Christopher Davis said...

Why do you vary your warm up times(i.e. five minutes, six minutes, etc.)?

Anonymous said...

I don't know. It's mostly dependant on how much work out time I have.