A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Speed Squat / Deadlift

I really enjoyed today's work out. I was tired and unmotivated but once I got into it I really had fun.

Warm Up - Stationary Bike - 6 minutes.
Speed Box (14.5") Squats (Inzer Champion suit bottoms and belt) - raw warm ups, 6 sets/2 reps/275lbs, 4 sets/2 reps 295lbs.
Deadlift on 1.5" plank (no belt) - 6 sets/2 reps/315lbs.
*super set*
Elbow Plank - 3 sets/hold for 1 minute.
Sit Ups - 3 sets/15 reps.
Broom Handle Twists - 3 sets/20 reps.

Wearing the suit bottoms really helped with the box squats. I was able to hold my position much better and didn't rock back and forth while sitting on the box. The Plank Deadlifts are forcing me to concentrate on the initial part of my pull. If I don't get my knees under me it's all lower back and that ain't good. All the core work is helping all aspects of my lifts. Of course it should.

Snowdaddy

No comments: