A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I should have known

Found out last night that I'm scheduled for surgery 16 Apr 09. This really throws a loop in my precompetition training. While preparing for he 2007 Western Canadians I was also interrupted. I guess life has a habit of getting in the way. Recovery from this procedure shouldn't take more that a couple of weeks so I'll try to keep my game face on and continue my training taking a short break for recovery.

Day 4 6Apr 09

Warm Up Squats - bar/12 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.
Squats - 6 sets/5 reps/285lbs.
Bench Press - 6 sets/6 reps/215lbs.
Deadlifts - 12 sets/1 rep/365lbs.

This was a tough work out, as week two of this program always is. I'll keep up the intensity until the surgery, take some recovery time, then I'll be ready to get into gear. The first week back will be nice and easy of course. I will persevere

Snowdady

No comments: