A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, March 16, 2009

Squats 16 Mar 09

I haven't taken a squat suit for a ride for a while so today was my opportunity. The suit I used is a Titan Centurion NXG+. I bought the suit used and since I've lost a bit of weight it fits rather nice. I would call the suit loose considering I can pull the straps up by myself. Here's how the squats went.

Raw Squats - bar/6 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/4 reps, 315lbs/2 reps.
Bench Squats (@ parallel) - 315lbs/3 reps.
Suit with straps up, belt, and wrist wraps (no knee wraps) still over the bench for safety.
Gear Squats - 315lbs/4 reps, 405lbs/3 reps, 455lbs/2 reps, 505lbs/1 rep.

I tried some inclined leg presses after this but the groin injury I had last week was bothering me. Funny, I didn't feel it with the gear on. I did some inclined calf extensions instead then moved on to core work.

Elbow Plank - 70 sec.
Swiss Ball Crunches - 20 reps.
5 Sec floor crunches - 20 reps.
Leg raises - 25 reps.

The 505lbs squat surprised me considering I haven't been in gear for a while. I have one suit smaller that's made of NXG+ Super material that I tried on last night. I would call it competition tight. I'll have to try it another time. Any way, a good day of squats.

Snowdaddy

No comments: