A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, March 27, 2009

Deadlifts 27 Mar 09

Today I wanted to play a bit with technique. I watch videos of great sumo deadlifters and notice that the first portion of the pull is very fast. Almost a snap off the floor when the hips drop. Normally I just keep pulling on the bar until it begins to move. I know this isn't very productive hence why I'm working on technique. This movement does however take a certain amount of faith. I feel like I'm going to rip something when "exploding" into a lift like this. Today went well and I didn't RIP anything.

Warm Up - 5 minutes Arc trainer.

Core Work
Elbow Plank - 80 seconds
5 Second Crunches - 20 reps.
Weight Bar Trunk Twists - 80 reps.

Sumo Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.
Sumo Deadlifts - 10 sets/1 rep/315lbs, 4 sets/1 rep/365lbs.
Good Mornings - 225lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 275lbs/6 reps, 135lbs/8 reps (drop set).
Lat Pull Downs - 180lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 240lbs/6 reps.

Next week when I put the gear on again I want to try this technique. With the pop of the suit I'm sure it will work well.

Snowdaddy

No comments: