A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 20 of 24

I found out today that I've managed to loose a week some where. I thought I had 2 more weeks of training before the competition and it turns out I screwed things up and I am now on my last week. Tonight I went over the HHG and threw on my bench shirt. I know I'm lifting raw at the competition but I just couldn't resist. The benching tonight made up for my poor deadlifts on Monday. Here we go.

Warm Up
Squats - 2 sets, 3 reps, 160kg.
Bench Press - 10 reps/60kg, 6 reps/100kg, 1 reps/140kg.
*put shirt (F6) on*
Bench Press - 2 board/160kg, 2 board/180kg, 1 board/185kg.

The 185kg 1 board felt quite controlled. I would have liked to try 190kg. Discretion is the better part of valour.
All in all a good night of powerlifting. Some good laughs with some good friends. Thanks.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were a benching machine last night! Very nice control and tons of power! None of the shaking that I saw last year when you went heavier with lighter weight. Way to go on the training and thanks for the help spotting between your sets.

McLifter