A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday Deadlifts

I wasn't going to work out today because of yesterday's benching but I managed to talk myself into it. I'm glad I did. I said, "self, you have your best work outs on days you don't feel like working out". I was right, I'm always right. Here's what happened.

Good Stretching
Deadlifts Raw - 225lbs/6 reps sumo, 225lbs/6 reps conv, 315lbs/3 reps sumo, 315lbs/6 reps conv.
*put on belt*
365lbs/1 rep sumo, 365lbs/3 reps conv, 2 x 405lbs/1 rep conv.

*put on Metal Deadlift suit*
10 sets, 1 rep, 405lbs.

Deadlift Partials (just above knees) all singles
495, 585, 675, 675lbs.

I'm having a rough time getting down to grab the bar in my deadlift suit. I figure if I wear it with straps up thoughout 10 singles it should begin to stretch a bit. I did find it easier to reach the bar towards the end of my work out although easier isn't really an accurate word. A couple more training sessions like this one and I should start to figure out my deadlift suit.

Snowdaddy

No comments: