A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Saskatchawan Provincials

Have I mentioned before, I hate Stephen Korte! His 3x3 pre contest progression really works for me but the first week is hell. I only have 5 weeks until the competition so I'm doing a modified 3x3. Instead of doing the same weights 3 times per week I'm increasing the weights every work out. The Volume phase will be 3 weeks long and the intensity phase will be 2 weeks with a week off before the competition. I started Monday so here's what I've done this week.

25 June 2007

Squats - 6 sets, 5 reps, 265lbs.
Bench Press - 6 sets, 6 reps, 195lbs.
Deadlifts - 6 sets, 5 reps, 335lbs.

27 June 2007

Squats - 6 sets, 5 reps, 275lbs.
Bench Press - 6 sets, 6 reps, 205lbs.
Deadlifts - 6 sets, 5 reps, 345lbs.

All sets are done with only one minute rest between sets. I take a longer rest between exercises when I set up the weights. I was very stiff and sore from Monday's work out so today I did a proper warm up and spent a good amount of time stretching. So far so good.

Snowdaddy

No comments: