A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Shirt Training

Once again I'm squeezed into my bench shirt for another training session. I've motice that my shirt has been feeling looser and looser every time I use it. When I enquired about this my responce was, "have you washed your shirt"? Yes, I've used it three times so far and I've washed it three times. BIG MISTAKE! As I have now learned, DON'T WASH YOUR BENCH SHIRT!!! Here is how my training went last night.

Bench Warm Up - 100kg/8 reps, 120kg/3 reps, 140kg/single.
Put on the shirt (feels loose compaired to other days)
Bench - 170kg/3 reps 2 boards, 180kg/1 rep 2 boards, 180kg/ fail 1 board, 165kg/1 rep 1 board, 175kg/1 rep 1 board.

I sure had to work that final rep. I was all over the place. My training right now is all over the place. I'm not really prepaired for this up coming competition at all. I'll do the bench only in the shirt and I'll see what happens. Next competition I'll be much better prepared and I'll work at breaking that provincial record. This is going to be just for fun. Here are my attempts. 165kg, 177.5kg, 185kg.

PS: As we speak I'm washing my bench shirt once again in hot water then it's into the dryer. Maybe it will shrink a bit and get me a big bench.

Snowdaddy

No comments: