A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Bench Training Day 1

Today I started the program I designed for the up coming contest (11 Feb 07). Here is what happened.

Speed Bench Press (60%) - 6 sets, 4 reps, 205lbs.
Dips - 4 sets, 6 reps, 90/70/50/30 lbs assistance.
Lat Pull Downs - 4 sets, 6 reps, 170/180/190/200 lbs.
Standing Military Press - 4 sets, 6 reps, 135lbs.
Various Tricep Work

I stated that I would do chin ups instead of lat pull downs. I'm a lazy flabby baby. The work out went well and I'll continue for now.

Last night I went to a friends and tried out a bench shirt. This was the first time I'd tried benching with a shirt and it is very different than benching raw. I found I need to work on my tricep strength and my lock outs. I'll be ordering a Titan Fury NXG+ in the next couple of weeks and I'll make a post when it arrives. I've also managed to hook up with a fellow bencher at my gym who is interested in doing shirt work once a week. All is looking great for training with gear.

Snowdaddy

No comments: