A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Another New Program

On Thursday I started another new program. I know, I know. This time I think I've got a work out program that will really work for me. First of all it has to fit into my schedule. Check! It has to be intense enough to provide good gains. Check! It has to provide some kind of progression for competition, Check!
It sounds to good to be true. I've started a "3x3" program. My buddy, The Canadian Super heavy weight National Champion, suggested I try it. He said it really worked for him. Here are some examples I've found on the net

www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/korte.htm

www.fituncensored.com/forums/sistemi-di-allenamento/4105-korte-3-x-3-a.html

I've completed my first week and I feel great. I thought the volume would be too much. I mean training the same lifts three days a week. Yikes! I did two days in a row and today I'm not unusually sore. In fact I feel that the extra volume may help to keep my weight (fat) in check. Here is both days. They were the same.

Squats - 6 sets, 5 reps, 255lbs(58%)
Bench Press - 6 sets, 6 reps, 185lbs(58%)
Deadlifts - 6 sets, 5 reps, 305lbs(58%)

The whole work out is done in about an hour, I keep the pace pretty fast. I'm very motivated. Since my buddy suggested I try it another friend of mine says that she is using the same program to prepare for the IPF World's in Texas in October. Stay tuned to find out my progress.

Snowdaddy

No comments: