A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, June 19, 2006

Speed Squats / Deadlift & Max Bench

18 June 2006
Speed Squats / Deadlifts
I started the work out slow today. My sometimes training partner Ryan was doing deadlifts and was going for a new max. At 185lbs he deaded 275lbs, a new max by 70lbs. I convinced him to do some rack pulls since he was on a roll. Would you believe that little bugger pulled from the knees up 475lbs. Way to go Ryan!
Here is how my work out went.

Squats warm up - 135lbs/8, 225lbs/8
Low Box Squats - 10 sets, 2 reps, 275lbs
Deadlifts - 3 sets, singles, 405lbs. 3 sets, singles, 455lbs
Good Mornings - 275lbs/6, 315lbs/6, 335lbs/6, 315lbs/6.
Declined Sit Ups - 3 sets 15 reps
Hammer Curls - 3 sets, 12 reps, 50-70lbs

I'm getting tired of traning percentages. From now on when I go into the gym I'm lifting what I want. I'll stick to the program I've out lined but I'll add more weight. Hura! The box squats, deadlifts, and good mornings went up in weight.

19 June 2006

Max Bench

Bench Press warm up - 135lbs/12, 225lbs/8
Rack Press - 6 sets, 6 reps, 245lbs
Close Grip Bench - 4 sets, 6 reps, 185lbs

I was limited on time today nence the short work out. The rack presses are performed at about 2 inches above my chest. I'm treating these like box squats. Explosive press and controlled down. No bouncing of the bar on the rails. I found this very hard even with this weight. I've found a weak link. I'll keep at it.

Both days felt very strong. I'm feeling the power. I have an erge to go up in weight. I have new tools (box squats and rack presses) and I plan on putting them to good use. Look for some big lifts from me in the next couple of months.

Snowdaddy

No comments: