A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, May 15, 2006

Away From Home

Today I did my first work out at what is gradually becoming my home away from home. Once again I have to spend two months away from my family and home. I think it's harder this time because I'm gone durring the summer. I'll miss playing in the yard with my wife and kids.
I will try to make the best of things by hitting the gym harder than ever and loosing a nagging 25lbs I've had since my last dose of creatine. Along with my hard core powerlifting work outs I plan on running (jogging) several time a week.

Here is how my first work out turned out.

Last night run/walk 24 minutes. I'm so out of shape. This almost killed me. I'm sure it will get easier with time.

Today

Bike - 10min warm up

Bench Press - 3 sets 135lbs/12reps, 225lbs/6reps, 275lbs/1rep
Rack Press - 3 sets 275lbs (for singles, done 1 inch above chest)
Close Grip Bench - 3 sets 6 reps 185lbs

Walk - 20min

The work out was short I know but I'm still a bit "jet legged". The walk was intense. We walked at a good pace but the real killer was the 38 degC temperature. I'm sure we burnt enough calories.

Tomorrow I'll give max squats & deadlifts a go. I'm looking forward to trying box squats.

Snowdaddy

No comments: