A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Squats From Hell

I've been recalculating my periodization programs over and over again. I have come up with yet another plan of attack in my quest to lift more weight. Yesterday was squats and it was one of my hardest squat days yet. Here is how it went.

Squats - 8 sets, 3 reps, 305lbs (all comp depth)
Leg Extensions - 3 sets, 8-12 reps, 160-240lbs
Seated Leg Curls - 3 sets, 8-12 reps, 140-180lbs
Seated Calf Raises - 3 sets, 12 reps, 180lbs

Situps - 3 sets 12 reps
V-sits - 3 sets 15 reps

After squats the rest of the workout went by quick. After the second set of squats I didn't think I would be able to finish. I put on my belt for the third set and everything suddenly became lighter. Still, I'm walking funny today. Next squat day I'll be going up to 315lbs. Stay tuned to find out what happens to me.

Snowdaddy

PS: I Love You Dear.

No comments: