A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, June 15, 2020

Oh My Aching Back!

I have no idea what I did. My last real squat day was 345lbs for 8 reps. This was really good for me. Usually my DOMS sets in two days later. Two days after the usual muscle tightness and soreness set in but on the third day my lower back felt mechanically buggered. Since then I've been stretching and rolling my hamstrings and posterior chain. It seems to help. Today it was feeling slightly better but still noticeable. Time for some really light Squats.

Leg Swings, Small Band, Stretching.

Squats - 2 sets/8 reps/bar, 5 sets/10 reps/135lbs.


Since these were light I wanted to focus on form and balance. Hence the hanging vertical string. Balance over the midfoot is very important. I think I'm still doing alright.
Hanging Knee Raises - 3 sets/10 reps


My lower back feels the same. Pushing through and doing some training works for me. Rest is done. Time to get back under the bar. Slowly mind you, slowly. 


Snowdaddy 

No comments: